|Submitting a Story!|
Anyone may submit a FanFic to be posted here! There are some guidelines:
1. Do not write just so you can see your name on a webpage.
2. A plot. That's an absolute must have. Yes, there are many repeat plots, especially
in Power Ranger fanfiction. Don't be afraid to use them. Twist them to your own
advantage. Add new things. Make them live and grow.
3. The webmaster does attempt to correct errors in Spelling and Grammar, if not
caught by the author. Most word processing programs come with spellcheckers and
grammar checkers; if you don't have one, then ask a friend to go over it for you.
4. NOTE: Authors of Power Rangers stories only! The characterizations must make
sense; i.e., behavior unrealistic based on the show, and not under a spell of evil, may
be grounds for rejection.
5. Research your Power Ranger history and find out who did what, when, and where.
There's plenty of blanks and plotholes in the Saban timeline. Before you start filling
them up, make certain you're not doing something Saban beat you to. Or if you're
going to do it anyway. . .make it different and original. Be creative. Be very creative.
6. Non-Power Ranger stories are welcome (i.e., Sailormoon, etc).
7. A rejection of the FanFic is in no way a judgement regarding the author or the
WebMaster. "Paladar`'s World of FanFic" is not the only fan fiction archive available
on the net, and there are other sites that will accept your FanFic. Paladar` reminds
you that my opinion is just that- my opinion. Do not take my word as rule.
8. You will receive an email regarding the rejection of your FanFic, as soon as
possible! It is very rare for a FanFic to be rejected.
9. Disclaimers and author's notes are really more than optional: they should be
required. Everyone knows that Saban owns the Rangers, but it's nice to mention the
fact every now and then. As for author's notes, you can use those to point out
pronunciation of invented words, note that your invented characters belong to you,
and/or note any changes to the Power Ranger timeline you have made.
10. A short teaser must be provided. This is the description of the fic below the title.
You might call them blurbs or brief synposes, same thing.
11. Email your story in one of four formats:a. MSDOS ASCII (*.txt)
12. Then Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. "Paladar`'s World of FanFic" was created for the author in all of us!